This document sets out the terms and conditions relating to the Audi Genuine Care – Complimentary 6 Year Service Plan (Complimentary Audi 6 Year Service Plan). Complimentary Audi 6 Year Service Plan is provided by Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 14 093 117 876) trading as Audi Australia.
Complimentary Audi 6 Year Service Plan applies only in respect of the vehicle you have purchased (Vehicle) and is transferable upon the sale of the Vehicle. A Vehicle's entitlement to Complimentary Audi 6 Year Service Plan will be recorded in Audi's electronic files relating to the Vehicle.
2. Eligibility Period
Audi's obligations under Complimentary Audi 6 Year Service Plan commence on the date of delivery of the Vehicle to you for new vehicles or on the date of first registration by the dealer for demonstrator vehicles (Warranty Start Date) and shall continue for a period of 6 years or until 90,000 km have been reached, whichever occurs first (Eligibility Period). However, Audi will grant an additional grace period of 3 months or until 3,000 km have been reached (as the case may be) which commences after the Eligibility Period has expired (Grace Period). This means that your right to redeem Complimentary Audi 6 Year Service Plan cover for the Vehicle expires 75 months after the Warranty Start Date or when 93,000 km have been reached (whichever comes first) and a reference in this document to the Eligibility Period includes the Grace Period.
Refunds are under no circumstances payable in the case that you do not redeem Complimentary Audi 6 Year Service Plan cover within the Eligibility Period or where you are unable to redeem Complimentary Audi 6 Year Service Plan cover for the Vehicle for any reason, including (without limitation) in circumstances where the Vehicle is damaged beyond repair during the Eligibility Period.
3. Coverage - inclusions
During the Eligibility Period, the Service Intervals are set at every 30,000 kilometres or 24 months (whichever occurs first) from the Warranty Start Date.(Service Intervals). You will be entitled to arrange for a Participating Audi Dealer to carry out the following scheduled service work in relation to the Vehicle during the Eligibility Period:
(a) the service work at each of the Service Intervals, including the supply or replacement of necessary parts and lubricants; and
(b) such preventable treatment as Audi considers necessary.
The cost of parts and labour for all recommended inspection services as set out below are covered. Specifically the following items are included within Complimentary Audi 6 Year Service Plan:
- inspection service/s (30,000km/24months whichever occurs first) including parts and labour;
- replacement of additional scheduled service items as designated in the interval table found here*
- windscreen wash additive renewal and check;
- service display - reset service indicators;
- computer systems - carry out fault memory check with the Audi Diagnostic tester;
- performance of required software updates;
- performance of any service enhancement actions;
- check of all exterior lights for correct operation;
- carry out visual check of all brake components;
- check all interior, instrument and warning lamps for correct operation;
- check windscreen wiper blades for damage;
- check condition of all tyres, check tread depth;
- carry out visual check of engine compartment;
- carry out under-body visual inspection for any damage;
- check all oils and fluids for leaks;
- update service label with next service date and kilometres;
- check steering track rod ends for excessive play and inspect boots for damage;
- carry out quality check and road test;
Audi's obligations under Complimentary Audi 6 Year Service Plan are conditional upon the maintenance by you of an accurate record of the distance travelled by the Vehicle and production of such record to Audi when required.
Any labour, items and servicing additional to that referred to above will not be covered in Complimentary Audi 6 Year Service Plan, unless otherwise expressly stated below.
*Audi may, from time to time, change the service requirements for any of the Service Intervals in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations
4. Coverage - exclusions
Complimentary Audi 6 Year Service Plan does not include:
- repairs resulting from normal wear and tear to the Vehicle;
- replacement of brake pads and discs;
- replacement of windshield wiper rubbers;
- tyre replacement or puncture repairs;
- repairs necessary due to damaged glass, panels, paintwork, including rust or corrosion;
- navigation system updates;
- repairs by persons other than an authorised Audi dealer;
- effecting or repairing alterations or modifications to the Vehicle;
- misplaced, lost or accidental or intentional damage to charging;
- service or maintenance work of non-genuine Audi parts or accessories;
- work necessary due to negligence, misuse or abuse, accidental or intentional damage, cigarette or food/drink related damage, water entry, or exceeding any of the manufacturer's specifications maximum speeds, revolutions or load capacities;
- work necessary due to fire, flood, Acts of God, war, acts of terrorism or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Audi;
- repairs necessary as a result of failing to service the Vehicle in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or your failure to meet your obligations/ responsibilities as set out herein;
- vehicle recovery, towing or other related travel costs;
- work involved in daily or other regular checks to the Vehicle;
5. Your responsibilities
It is your responsibility to ensure that the Vehicle is presented at a Participating Audi Dealer during normal working hours for servicing at each of the Service Intervals. If you miss any Service Interval, additional work may be identified which is not included in the Complimentary Audi 6 Year Service Plan.
You must also:
(a) comply with the instructions in the Audi Owner's Manual as well as the Service and Warranty Information Booklet and take steps to minimise any Vehicle damage in the event of Vehicle defect or failure; and
(b) maintain, operate and use the Vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions and within the specified operating limitations.
Complimentary Audi 6 Year Service Plan applies in addition to any statutory rights or remedies that you may have, including under the Australian Consumer Law. These Terms and Conditions do not in any way exclude, restrict, limit or modify those rights or remedies. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The carrying out of work/service on the Vehicle under the Complimentary Audi 6 Year Service Plan may result in the loss of any user generated data electronically stored within the Vehicle (including data, songs or files stored on the Vehicle's hard drive). Please ensure that you have made a copy of any such data in an alternative media before delivering the Vehicle for any work under the Complimentary Audi 6 Year Service Plan.
These Terms and Conditions may be amended from time to time. Amendments will be published on the Audi website www.audi.com.au and will take effect immediately on publication.
7. Privacy Collection Statement
8. Further Information
For further information, please contact your Participating Audi Dealer or Audi Customer Assistance on 1800 502 834.