Not satisfied with the outcome? You have rights
Audi is committed to complying with the Australian Consumer Law. Our vehicles come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law under which Audi guarantees to consumers that its vehicles will:
• be fit for any purpose that Audi makes known to a consumer, or any purpose the consumer makes known to Audi;
• be safe, long lasting and free from defects;
• be of acceptable quality and finish;
• match any description given or demonstration model used; and
• have spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time after purchase, unless Audi informs the consumer otherwise.
If Audi fails to meet any of these guarantees, a consumer may be entitled to a repair, replacement or refund from Audi under the Australian Consumer Law. If there is a major failure in relation to the above guarantees, consumers are entitled to choose between a replacement, refund or compensation rights if they desire. Where the failure is not a major failure, Audi may choose to repair the vehicle of a consumer, rather than providing a replacement or refund.