Audi has made quattro technology even more efficient, precise and powerful. The next evolutionary stage of permanent four-wheel drive features the new self-locking centre differential and electronically controlled torque vectoring. Driving through bends in particular is now even more precise and dynamic.
Depending on transmission, torque vectoring is paired with the crown-gear centre diff erential (S tronicS tronicFaster gearshifts, sportier driving: the S tronic combines the sporty characteristics of a manual gearbox with the advantages of an automatic.S tronic ®) or a self-locking centre differential. In each case, the innovative combination offers outstanding dynamic performance. The result: distinctly more driving pleasure and traction.
- Basic distribution of drive torque: 60% to the rear axle, 40% to the front – which permits high levels of traction and good handling characteristics.
- If one axle loses grip, up to 85% of the tractive power can be diverted to the rear axle and up to 70% to the front.
- Torque vectoring enables propulsive power to be distributed to each individual wheel.
- Power and torque are redistributed without any delay, even before a wheel starts to spin.
- Power is distributed according to the driving situation and driving style.
- Enhanced traction thanks to lightning-fast torque distribution.
- Torque vectoring provides additional steering torque and prevents the wheels from spinning.
- Less steering effort is required as a result and at the same time higher cornering speeds are made possible.
- The weight and functional advantage of the crown-gear centre differential increases efficiency and agility.
- Less understeer when turning into a bend and accelerating. ESP intervenes at a later stage and is more subtle.
Driving pleasure and traction
- Excellent directional stability and exceptional road grip as well as outstanding agility